Monday, February 21, 2011

Morning Walk in the Snow

I try to take a walk in the neighborhood whenever it snows at night. Though it has snowed here quite a bit I am usually working so I don't get to enjoy the time that often. This morning I was up about 430 am, remembering the forecast for snow. This little guy greeted me in the backyard.

I thought he would run from the flash, but they must be pretty used to people because he turned to look at me. He probably just figured there was no way my fat ass could run fast enough to do him any harm!

Most of the pictures didn't turn out very good due to blurring. I really need to get a monopod or tripod for shooting low light, which is my favorite time. And I forgot to activate the CHDK mode on my camera (Canon Powershot) so no RAW formats like I intended. Here is a tree I shot with some post production fun using curves in FastStone Image Viewer.






The first one is the original, with the last being done with a flash. I used the 'kidsandpets' setting then adjusted the exposure up.

Here is a nighttime view of the neighborhood farm near our house:

No comments:

Post a Comment