Our primary computer is also our main server, i.e. all files intended for keeping and common use are stored there and that computer is accessed by all others for content.
Having kids in the house I am constantly updating security measures to keep them away from the movies intended for the big people. My newest method involves setting up user accounts on the main computer (via Windows) for each member of the family and then controlling access to folders by that folder's sharing properties.
My kids are young so my methods can be crude. I am still trying to decide whether I want to use the increasing complexity method of lockdown or full on lock down. The increasing complexity method allows them to break through - essentially a cat and mouse game that hopefully they benefit from. Not sure that would be teaching them the right lessons though!
Damn internet.
No comments:
Post a Comment